-->
How To Add PDN Layers HERE. I do it the first way every time. PDN/PSP Plugins that I use a lot are located HERE.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

HOW TO: Make Animation in PDN Designs

I wrote this Quick and Easy tutorial on June 15, 2014 using Paint.Net and for those who have working knowledge of PDN.  Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental.

♥ Supplies used ♥

Animation Shop 3
ICNET Filters Unlimited
Eye Candy Impact Bevel
Tube by ©Brandi Ashton - www.swtmelode.com (Her store is down now. I've had this tube a bit.)
Arkhive Font

♥ Let's Begin! ♥

We are going to create a border around our design and then animate the border to move. I have created the forum banner below.
Choose which of the colours from your tube you want to use as your border. From the above tube, I used these two colours: C3AEC0 and 9DBDE8.

Add a layer above your design. Then, got to Effects > Render > Border to create a border for your design. You may create it as thick as you'd like. I'm using "line" at 5.

Effects > 8bF Filter > ICNET > Filters Unlimited > Run Filter > Gradients > Linear Waves > Apply > Ok. This give my border a gradient colour design that flows between colours.
Lets' duplicate the border so that we can add drop shadow and outline to the bottom layer of the border. I used a drop shadow of -3 / 3 / 0 / 10 / 1 / 165.

I rotated my design by Image > Rotate 90 clockwise. I then added my name and rotated back to the original position. I duplicated my name, mirrored and flipped so that it is opposite of the left side. Merge layers.
Now we'll add a splattering of noise to our border to make it glitter.  Duplicate your border until you have 3 of them. I numbered mine so I know where I am.

Border 1 : 35 - 50 - 75.00
Border 2 : 45 - 50 - 75.00
Border 3 : 55 - 50 - 75.00

Duplicate your name 3x for 4 layers. Do the same as you did with your border: bottom layer is outline and drop shadow; all other layers have the same noise as your borders. I added eye candy bevel to my name with "Blue Lighting" at factory settings.

Open Animation shop. In PDN, Hide layers 2 & 3  in both border and name and then merge the layers. Add as a name animation to AS3. Keep hiding layers until all 3 glitter layers are in AS3.


Click on your first frame and the shift +z to apply your optimization settings. Upload to Photobucket and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment