-->
How To Add PDN Layers HERE. I do it the first way every time. PDN/PSP Plugins that I use a lot are located HERE.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Newly Found Blogs!

 Hello Blogettes!

I just love coming across a new find that takes me further into my tag designs than I have ever been before. Sometimes, I go backwards. What I mean by this is that I look up all the oldie but goody designers, just to see if they are still around and that I can still use many of their kits that I have either purchased or gathered when they were free. Examples include Polka Dot Scraps, Cinnamon Scraps, or Candy's Treats (just to name a few). And, sometimes, these sites will take me to others, where I can still use templates, kits and masks (such as Gina's Gems, The Taggers Lounge, Creative Misfit Creations or Graphic Groupies). But, once in a while, an oldie but newbie hits the scene and it opens your eyes like never before. Enter two blogs that I just found recently.


Seeing as Designz by Shelly has been around since 2014, I simply can't understand why I haven't seen her blog before! Shelly has quite a few freebie and former PTU kits on her site that I have never seen before but that I certainly will be using a in quite a few tutorials in the upcoming months. She also has plenty of links to other sites for purchasing kits, giving a designer ideas through tutorials, and giving away snags that you can use in groups or in Facebook groups. They were always a delight when CafeMom had been open and we used them to bump posts (Welcome, Hello, Goodnight, Bump and other such lovelies). Hopefully, you will stop by her page when I create a tutorial and grab some freebies. Always remember to let her know you stopped by so that we can keep this lovely designer wanting to design.

This next one really floored me when I found her! And thank goodness that I did!

Linda Sochia, also know as My Tagging Addiction, has been around since 2016 so I'm also late jumping onboard her ship as well. However, I was not disappointed! I found this designer by way of the Taggers Lounge earlier last month, while looking for tagging kits. Wow! She has a lot of lovely free kits to choose from. Some are current, with AI generated images and tubes, while there are older ones which will show you the progression of her craft. She is wonderfully talented.

Of course, everyone will swoon over the beautiful AI generated kits and tubes that she designs are amazing! And they are free. FREE! I certainly will be using a LOT of her items in future designs as well. While I love my pay to use tube designers, and will still use them in future tutorials as well, there is no other feeling than being able to give practicing tag designers who visit my blog the opportunity to have items that will not costs them a dime to practice honing their craft. 

When I first started my journey, I cannot begin to tell you how many PTU tubes I bought, really messed up, and then had to repurchase once my designs started to improve. Some of the tube designers kept "hopping shop," some due to no choice of their own (such as when My PSP Tubes closed), and some because they had to just ship and swim (such as when Scraps in the City was slammed shut). Having free items to practice with is such a wonderful option if you're short on change, or just would rather have FTU items to use at all times. It also will boost a fellow designer by showing them someone does truly appreciate what they are offering, empowering them to be even more creative than before.

So, stop by one of these lovely ladies blogs to grab a bit of free imagination to create a little bit of magic all your own. Be sure to thank them while you are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment