-->
How To Add PDN Layers HERE. I do it the first way every time. PDN/PSP Plugins that I use a lot are located HERE.

Thursday, August 6, 2026

What a year!

 Hello Fellow Bloggers,

Wow! I came to check on things here, only to realize that I haven't been here since 2024! I really need to update everyone on why I have been absent for so long.

My husband and I decided to take some time off for ourselves, to enjoy the people around us, so the first part of my absence (July to December 2024) was just hanging out with my friends and family. There isn't anything better than campfires with friends and lots of flowing beverages. LOL It was a blast!

Then, in December of 2024, I had a mental breakdown, due to the fact that our beautiful puppers, Sassy, had gotten so sick that we had to send her over the rainbow bridge. She developed kidney failure, would shake and shiver constantly, tried to hide a lot, barely ate or used the bathroom, so the decision was made to ease her pain. It hit me hard and sent me for a loop. I hid in my home, hardly talked to anyone, and mourned her loss deeply. I cried at the drop of a hat. I missed her so much that it physically hurt. Just look at that beautiful face! I still miss her and love her still deeply, even if it was the hardest decision that my husband and I have ever made up to this point. But, I know, her memory lives on with us.


Sassy must have known how badly her absence affected me, because not long after she left us, an old neighbor could no longer keep her doggy and so we had decided that we to take Bambi in and give her a good home. Yet again, we had puppy pad training and getting her adjusted socially, since she was a stay-in-the-home therapy puppy. Now, she's a spoiled little beast that we love so darn much, that we will always call her "Sassy's sister," as my other two puppies are known as well.

Bambi




Coco


Sugar


Then, in June 2025, I received the worse news ever. My middle son and daughter-in-law were arrested for an issue that shocked me (I won't repeat the issue here), but that also meant that I was granted temporary custody of my grandbabies until their issue was resolved. At age 55, this hit me hard, as I raised my sons, was relaxed in my lifestyle, and then I take on three children: my granddaughter, Kairi (age 2), my grandson, Oliver (age 6), and their cousin (on my daughter-in-law's side), Samuel (age 15). It was a HUGE adjustment for everyone involved, as I had a busy life already and now, I had to rearrange my whole life to fit them in on a 24-hour basis. Doctor and dentist appointments, comforting them from the stress and anxiety of being ripped from their parents, arranging school entry for Oliver (kindergarten) and Kairi (Head Start), summer activities and then visitations with their parents. I barely garnered any sleep during the time that I had my beautiful babies.  I was busy almost from the morning hours to the evening hours. I would fall into bed, totally exhausted.

Oliver and Kairi


The authorities said it would only be a few days, then a few weeks, but it took us ONE FULL YEAR before things were somewhat back to normal. My grandchildren have all been returned to my son and daughter-in-law. But, as a grandmother, that doesn't mean we stop being grandparents. I am still there for them currently, since the whole issue isn't fully resolved, but it is way better than we had to experience over the course of a whole year. It's easier, yes. Has the experience been rewarding? Oh yes. Watching my grandchildren grow while they were with me has amazed me.

Since my family has been reunited, I've had one obsession: crocheting. With my babies back home, I found that I had a lot of time on my hands. I had been so used to the chaos of having a teenager and two small children in my household that, yet again, I was lost with all of the silence and time that I had on my hands. I have made several blankets for my loved ones and have even learned a few new patterns since June 2026. Kairi and Oliver will not sleep without Mimi's blanket at all and that makes me feel great. I've made blankets for my sons and several friends. I want them to be comfortable in the softness of the blankets that I have made. Hopefully, this will allow them to understand how much I love them.

And yet, my first love has been waiting for me all along: digital designing. Every now and again I would get a text message from here about individuals who have completed my tutorials. It was like my first passion has been calling to me, and that is why I am here now, updating everyone on my year long journey. It has been busy, stressful, rewarding, and happy. 

Now look forward to getting back into digital designing and getting some freebies and tutorials up for everyone to complete. I do hope that everyone here, and that still follow me (thank you), will be here for my new tutorials. If you are a designer, I hope that I'll get to see how you recreate what I make. Always remember, if you do complete any of my tutorials, send me an image so that I can post them here as well. I want to give everyone a shout out when they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment