-->
How To Add PDN Layers HERE. I do it the first way every time. PDN/PSP Plugins that I use a lot are located HERE.

Monday, February 13, 2012

HOW TO: Make a Frame Out of an Element

Today, I will show you how to use an element to create a frame using Mura Meister's Copies. It is really simple to do and can have a wonderful effect from a kit that carries no frame!

I am using a beautiful kit by Just Saskia called "Sweet Tones", which you can find here. While you're there, have a peek around. She has lovely mini kits that you can mix and match to create designs.

To create my design, I want to have a wider canvas and so I create one at 1000x1000. When my frame is complete, I can resize it to my liking.

Open element 04 (multi-coloured flower) and resize by 30%. Add it to your canvas. Open element 02 (brown flower) and resize by 30% and add it below your last flower. Flip white background.


Once positioned (mine is above), we will want to lightly drop shadow and then merge these two flowers together. I used a drop of -2 / 2 / 0 / 6 / 30.


After merging, move layer to middle of canvas and flip white background. Effects > 8bf Filter > Mura's Meister > Copies.


From the drop down menu at the bottom, scan down until you find "encircle".

From the drop down menu on the right, choose circle and either "behind" or "normal" for your circle (mine is normal). I changed no other settings.
Your frame will be off to the left (perhaps) so remove the addition frames and then Effects > Object Align > Center Both to center it. Then, resize to your liking. (Mine is by 50%)

Now is the time that I save in *psd form. Then, I find and add my tube, mask and any other elements that you wish from the kit. Upload to Photobucket and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment