-->
How To Add PDN Layers HERE. I do it the first way every time. PDN/PSP Plugins that I use a lot are located HERE.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

HOW TO: Outline / Outline with Colour Codes

Since we have been talking about gradients and colour codes, I thought that I would show you how to outline text and how you can use colour codes for different outlines.
Again, I am sticking with my same colour palette that I used for the last two tutorials.
I am also using the same 300x300 square as I did before. To really show you what I am doing, I am using the font Franklin Gothic Demi in 96 pica (size).
Add a new layer in your layers box (tutorial is here) and type out your name.

From your upper toolbar, go to Effects and drop down until you reach object, and then scan over to outline. This is a plugin for PDN that you can find HERE.

Once you click this, a new box will pop up that looks like this. This is the bread and butter of the outlining world!

The sliders will change the codes of RGB that you find on the right-hand side of the box. The small box with the blue arrow will reset the box back to the original RGB colours. And ANY movement along the circle wheel will change both the sliders and the RGB codes.
Changing the radius and the strength of the outline will also change the look of your text. A wider radius means a wider outline, while the strength decides the thickness of the outline.
I have used a solid black with my pink text in the 2/5 range setting to show you what it looks like.
And this is what it looks like on a 5/5 range setting:

See the difference? The 5.5. range setting is much wider and thicker and gives the text a different look. But what if I want it outlined in my secondary colour code?
Flip your colours to make the secondary colour the primary code and open the wheel fully.
Type in the RBG codes form the colour wheel into the RGB codes in the Outline box and click ok.
It will apply the outline and now your text looks like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment