-->
How To Add PDN Layers HERE. I do it the first way every time. PDN/PSP Plugins that I use a lot are located HERE.

Friday, February 3, 2012

HOW TO: Add Eye Candy Plugins to your Program

I will be using an older version of Eye Candy, called Eye Candy Nature 5.1, so that I can demonstrate how to install these type of plugins to your computer. I do not own any newer versions of Eye Candy because the older versions still work and I like them the way they are!

Once you have downloaded your product, either for free or paid, you have to unzip the file to open it. Once you do this, you'll see something similar to the image below. The folder normally comes with a setup application that you must click to start the installation process and sometimes a code (or serial number) that you will have to add at some point during the installation process.
While different Eye Candy products may name the setup application differently, please ALWAYS look for the same design as the setup image I have shown you above. Once you click the setup application, a box like the one below will pop up. Hit "YES" and the process will begin. 

(Note: The reason why it asks you if the given application can make changes to your computer is that you ARE about to make changes to your computer by adding plugins to your program. As with any additions, the setup will always ask for permission.)

The below box will then pop up. Hit "NEXT".
You will have to accept the license and rules before the installation will continue.
If your name and serial number are not already in the boxes, this is the time to type them in now. On subsequent installations, I have not had to type these in after my first but I do not know if this is normal or just how mine is set up.
The next box will ask you where you would like to install your new plugins. My box automatically finds the PSP I have on my computer so I must locate my Paint.Net by searching through my computer files. 

Using the button located at the bottom of this box called "Choose Another File Location," scan through the drop-down boxes until you find what you are seeking.
Once you find your folder and click ok, the process begins, sometimes quite quickly, depending on the speed of your computer. 
When the installation ends, this last box will pop up. You can now register your software with the company or not (your choice, but it will not affect the quality of your plugins). Click finish and they are installed.
NOTE: If you happen to unzip a folder from any plugin designer, and it has every last plugin there and can be manually dropped into a folder in your Effects folder, you can simply drag and drop these by what you actually want to use. I have some on my computer that is from different manufacturers that I only have a few installed that I use. All others are still in the zipped folder if case I ever want to try those plugins out as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment