-->
How To Add PDN Layers HERE. I do it the first way every time. PDN/PSP Plugins that I use a lot are located HERE.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Magic of Winter

Supplies Used
Delicate Pearl, Tube 26, here.
Waterbrush Rob, here / Got that Bling NF (PTU), here.
WSL Mask 117, here
EyeInspire "Boyz Town" glitters, here
Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow
DSB Flux Bright Noise
Xero Porcelain & radiance

Let's Begin!

Open a new canvas 750x750. I like room when I use scrapbooking kits for tagging designs.
Open papers 2 & 1B of the “Christmas Freebie”, re-size by 10%, and layer the two together, making sure that paper 1B is in front.
Open paper 1 of the “Winter Sampler”, re-size by 10%, and move between the two other papers.
Move all layers into any position you wish to have them. Do not merge layers!
Open element 1 (ribbon) of the “Christmas Freebie” and add to canvas above all layers. Re-size by 19%. If done correctly, this should place it right over top of all the paper layers, to look like a bundle. If not, move your papers around a bit.
Open element 15 (red bulb) of the “Christmas Freebie”, re-size by 10% and add below your ribbon.
Open element 4 (branch w/ berries) of the “Christmas Freebie”, re-size by 25%, free rotate by 9 degrees to the left and add above your ribbon. Move it into position so that it lines up with the ribbon knot. 
After adding my tight, medium drop shadow, I used a size 7 eraser to remove some of the middle so that it looks like it is tied in the ribbon, and then used a bigger eraser to rid myself of the rest.
Open Snowflake Frame of the “Winter Sampler”, re-size by 35% and add below your ribbon. Free rotate 15 degrees to the left.
Move to the left hand side and position so that it the snowflake notch lines up with the ribbon edge. 
Open Note paper of the “Winter Sampler”, mirror, flip and re-size by 15%. Add below your ribbon. Free rotate 5 degrees to the right and move into position as shown.
Open leaf of the “Winter Sampler”, mirror, flip and re-size by 10%. Add below your ribbon but above your red bulb. Free rotate 45 degrees to the right and move into position. Use your eraser to remove any of the stem that may be hanging out of the other side of the ribbon loop.
Using paper 1 again, from the “Winter Sampler”, re-size by 25% and add your mask. Add this below all layers and then re-size again by 75%. Move into position.
Open the cluster of the “Christmas Freebie”, re-size by 20% and add above your paper 2 layer. Move it to the left hand side and outward a bit. 
Duplicate cluster and mirror. Move down on the left hand side, until a bit of the stars & word art are seen from behind the snowflake frame. Merge layers together and add a wide, light drop shadow.
(NOTE: To make sure I got this right, I gave my cluster a negative look by Adjust > Colour Balance > Negative Image. In this way, I could see where I was going with such a light element.)
Open element 7 (snowflake) of the “Christmas Freebie”. Before I did anything, I added a slight bevel, added a bright noise setting of 32, and then used a light porcelain setting to give it glow. Try these in your own way to get a feel for what you like.
Re-size the snowflake by 20% and add above your paper 1 layer. You will have to hide all layers above this one to move it into position in the upper right hand corner of your paper.  Add a tight, light drop shadow.
Crop your image now. I did a negative image each time I cropped each side so I did not cut off my cluster element.
Open your tube and re-size by 75%. Add below your snowflake frame (making sure her nipples are well hidden!) and erase all of the tube form the bottom of your design.
Duplicate your tube, move to above your frame and drop shadow to your liking. I used Xero Radiance to brighter her up and make her look frosty!
Add any text that you wish. I used my Ellipse tool to create my circle text, then added a bevel, Xero porcelain (to get that iced look), gradient glow and then a wide drop shadow.
Add your name, re-size to your liking and add your copyright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment