-->
How To Add PDN Layers HERE. I do it the first way every time. PDN/PSP Plugins that I use a lot are located HERE.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

HOW TO: Use Jiggle for Waving Wings/Hair or Blowing Grass

Today I am going to show you how to use Eye Candy 4000 to make wings wave in the wind! You can use this for about any design you create that you want the look of wind blowing through the design.

There is one difference between Corel PSP and Paint.Net, insomuch as that I have not (at this point) figured out how to do anything like freehand and then elevating that into its' own layer. However, this can still be done!

This is going to be my design for this tutorial.  I am using a tube that has its' back turned outward since I want this to be easy to understand.
Duplicate the tube layer and then hide the lower tube. Then, use an eraser to rid yourself of the body, leaving only the wings (as shown below):
I then DS both my body to my liking and then duplicate the wing layer two more times. These you'll need for the jiggle effect.

Hide the upper or lower two wings (depending on which way you want to set the jiggle) and then Effects > 8bf filter > Eye Candy 4000 > Jiggle > Use the settings below > Run.
Don't pay attention to my random seed! I simply clicked it twice to get what I want. On each wing layer, you need to do the same thing to get the feel of movement.

Open AS3 and add the design into the program, after hiding each layer of wings in the order you've created them, by Edit > Select All > Edit > Copy Merged. If you created your wing layers from wings 3 to wings 1, be sure to place them BEFORE each other in AS3 and AFTER if you went from from wings 1 to wings 3.

While in AS3, and on the first frame layer: Edit > Select All > Animation > Frame Properties > 20 > OK. This will slow down the wing motion a bit. Right click anywhere on the design to bring a box up and scan down to "View Animation". Now you can see what it will look like. Remember this step when re-adding later on.

One at a time, copy each frame layer to add back into PDN to save. Remember, the first frame from AS3 will be used as a new image in PDN and then the other two frames as new layers to the first one. Save as a *psd.
I always save my original, just in case I lose the second saved design so you save it if you like or simply delete it later. Saving the animated ensures that you can use it over and over again at later points in time without having to redo the whole design and animation.

Now back in PDN, re-size and then add the chosen name and copyright to the design. Then, add the design back into AS3 in the same order you did before. Add the same frame properties as I showed you above and then add the optimization settings that, if you followed my tutorial on it before now, will automatically be saved in AS3, so just add them now.

Make sure to view the animation to make sure all is correct. Then, upload to a photo sharing site to enjoy! Below is my example now:


NOTE: If you want to blend the wings slightly better into the tube's back, use an eraser on a low hardness to "blur" the tip nearest to the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment